Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year's Eve's Year in Review

So here it is, New Year's Eve. Since I live on the East Coast of the US of A, I have a little over 14.5 hours till the bell chimes midnight. So I thought that this would be a great time to write about what has happened over the entire year. I mean it couldn't be that much right? So here it is, 2008 in review as from my point of view.

This year was a year of first. It was the first time in my life that I have witnessed, and felt the affects of a finacial recession. This year I met tons of new people, my fellow DIC Heads at http://www.dreamincode.net, as well as connecting with old friends from years past. I also started blogging, although sparse, I still try to do it. I was playing for my church as well as trying to write some songs on my own. Things were tight financially, but we made it through. There were times to laugh, times to cry like when it was anounced that a member of our church accidently ran over and killed his 9 year old daughter. There were times of fights, mainly with the wife, and times of peace. We saw tons of stuff in the news about people going missing from cruise ships, as well as having modern day pirates attach ships in Africa. We elected our first black president, and saw other politics crash due to scandals. There were just so many things that happened this year that I am glad to say, "See ya 2008!! Welcome 2009!!! You better bring a load of new, and good things for me this year."
So walking into 2009 where do I stand? Well, the person I voted for is not going to be president, I have no money in my pocket, with no raise coming in '09, and a small raises closing out the year. I am behind on my car payment, and was notified my my insurance company that my policy was cancelled. My wife is pregnant with number one, and having issues with the pregnancy. I have had family break promises, and the government keep them. Yes, that is backwards right? We got the stimulus package, and more money for school than I thought I would get. So I can walk into 2009 waiting for money from school to come to me to the tune of 5k+.
So all in all, 2008 sucked, and 2009 better be better than 2008. Hope you have a great, happy and safe New Year's and look forward to venting to you all next year!

No comments: